Hi everyone,
I am currently working on a requirement using Pega Constellation and I am looking for the best approach to implement a confirmation warning before a user completes a deletion action.
The Business Requirement: When a user attempts to delete a Contact record, the system needs to check if there are any associated active Leads. If there are, it must halt the deletion and display the following confirmation message:
“This Contact has active Lead(s). Deleting this record will automatically close all associated active Lead cases. Do you want to continue?”
The user must explicitly confirm before the deletion and subsequent case updates proceed.
The Challenge: In Traditional UI, this could be easily handled with standard confirmation pop-ups or local actions. However, since we are building this in Constellation, I understand the UI patterns and available actions are different.
My Questions:
-
What is the recommended OOTB pattern or best practice to achieve this “warning/confirmation before action” flow in Constellation?
-
Should this be handled via a Modal dialog, a temporary warning assignment, or is there a specific Constellation component/configuration suited for pre-processing confirmations?
Any guidance, documentation links, or examples would be highly appreciated. Thank you!