Hi everyone,
I’m having an issue in Pega Constellation that I haven’t been able to resolve.
I have a flow structured like this:
Assignment → Data Transform → Loop back to Assignment
In the Assignment form, I have a Data Reference field with a dropdown where the user selects a value from a Data Type.
After the user submits the Assignment, the flow goes to a Data Transform where I reset the form fields by setting their values to null. The reset works correctly for the other fields.
However, when the flow loops back to the Assignment:
- The other fields are correctly displayed as empty.
- The Data Reference field also has no value in the underlying data.
- When I check the Data Page, the value is also null.
- But on the client side, the Data Reference dropdown still displays the previously selected value.
It seems like the Data Reference field is retaining its previous client-side state even though the underlying data has already been reset.
I’m thinking this could be related to the Assignment being revisited/looped back to and the Data Reference component not refreshing its displayed value.
Has anyone encountered this behavior in Constellation?
What is the recommended way to force the Data Reference field to refresh/re-render when returning to the Assignment after resetting its value?
Any suggestions on how to properly clear or refresh the Data Reference field on the client side would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!